Once again, it’s that time of year for planned giving fundraisers all over the country to take a step back from the day-to-day grind, get out of the office and recharge their batteries—as the National Conference on Philanthropic Planning 2017 begins next week!
Constant learning is essential to every person and every profession. NCPP allows charitable gift planners the opportunity to invest in themselves, hone their craft and reconnect with peers.
If you’re fortunate enough to be able to take a few days and head to Baltimore next week, here are some suggestions while in the land of “crab cakes and football”!
Every year some of the best speakers grace the stage at NCPP—sharing trends, insights and case studies. And this year is no different.
NCPP 2017’s lineup includes sensational speakers such as Anne Melvin, Jonathan Tidd, Winton Smith, Johni Hays, Bryan Clontz, Craig Wruck, Tim Prosser and Phil Purcell along with special guest and keynote speaker Jim Lehrer.
Here’s a list of several specific sessions that I’ve circled on my agenda:
- “Planned Giving is Dead…Long Live Planned Giving”, Robert Sharpe
- “What are Donors Telling Us?”, Ron Schiller
- “How to Have the MOST Productive Conversations: From Here to Eternity”, Jeff Comfort and Scott Lumpkin
- “Grandparents are on Facebook: Social Media’s Impact on Planned Giving”, Michael Hutney, Steve Maughan and Cara Holland
- “Simpler Gift Plans All Charities Can Understand and Successfully Promote”, Pamela Davidson
- “Matures to Boomers: What Planned Giving Professionals Need to Know”, Nathan Stelter and Cheryl Sturm
- “Implementing a Legacy Challenge Match Program at a Major, Multifaceted Institution”, John Kendrick and Courtney Tsai
- “Gift Planner Metrics: Tracking the Numbers that Count”, Joe Bull, Joshua Birkholz, Erik Daubert and Kathryn Miree
Between sessions, don’t forget to visit us and all the other great exhibitors in the exhibit hall. You can find the Stelter team (all 24 of us!) at booths 21-23.
Stop in and learn more about our innovative donor insight survey, or just drop by to have your FREE caricature drawn; it’s been a Stelter tradition for over 20 years.
Finally, it wouldn’t be the NCPP without one of the most anticipated events of conference week: Stelter’s Annual Client Appreciation Party.
Clients, friends, partners and family are invited to relax and kick back at The Stelter Company and State Street Global Advisors’ cocktail reception, located just across the street from the conference at Pratt Street Ale House.
RSVP to the email in your inbox or come by our booth to learn more!
See you in Baltimore!